What’s a Schengen Student Visa?
If you are not a European citizen and you wish to travel to Europe, before you travel, students need to apply for a Schengen student visa. Within the European Economic Area those who wish to travel and visit 26 certain countries using only one visa.
Applicable Schengen Student Visa Countries
How can I get a Schengen Student Visa from India?
Yes, in this article you’re going to read about the Get Schengen student Visa. People around the world have started to move frequently from one place to another for various purposes. The purpose of travel varies from person to person. Research states Europe as the most favorable dream destination for many. In addition to it, India is an important market for European tourism.
There are more than 10 million people who move from India to Europe for various reasons. Europe is your dream destination, it is mandatory to have knowledge on Europe study Visa. This article explains how to get a Schengen student Visa, European student visa fee, Europe study Visa process, and European visa cost.
7 Guidelines to get Schengen Student Visa:
Here we explain how to get a visa to study in Europe. Very simple steps to Get Schengen Visa from India:
1. Figure out which Schengen visa type you need
Schengen visa varies depending on your purpose. Be clear on your purpose to travel and choose the right one.so, here you need a Schengen student visa. Identify the place where you need to apply for a Schengen student visa. Choosing the right embassy or consulate or VAC is the priority.
2. How long does it take to get a Schengen Student Visa?
It is always advisable to apply for a Schengen Student Visa in India three months ahead of your travel. Once the required documents are collected, get an appointment at the visa application center in India. The interview may happen online, or in person or over the phone. It will take 15 calendar days for the legal processing of the student Schengen visa.
3. Find out where you need to apply
The interview plays the most important role while applying for a visa and makes it clear while talking with the interviewer. The visa fees vary according to the category you choose. So focus should be on the exact fee amount to be paid for the required visa.
Once you are done with all the above process the embassies or consulates in India will respond for your application on a time scale of 15 days.
4. Fix an appointment
It is always advisable to fix an appointment much in advance. Advancement in the process helps in smooth preparation. It is best to apply before twelve weeks from the date of departure.
5.Submit the document at the right time
The applicant will be called for an interview. All the documents along with supporting papers should be carried by the applicant. The applicant should be prepared well to face the interview. He or she should be able to explain the reason for their trip.
6. Pay the Schengen Visa fee
After verifying the application the applicant will be asked to pay the visa amount. Europe’s study visa cost comes around INR 6000 and it is non-refundable as well. The cost of a Schengen Student visa differs depending on the country.
7. Wait for their response to your application
The concerned embassy is responsible for issuing a Schengen student visa. In case the application does not meet the condition then they pass and other documents submitted by the applicants will be returned to the applicant.
What are the documents required to apply for a Schengen Student Visa?
Documents required for a Schengen student visa:
- The application for a European student visa needs to be submitted with two passport size photographs. The conditions to be satisfied in the photograph are: it should cover the complete face and ears should be visible. The background color for this picture should be white. More than 70% of this picture should be covered with the applicant’s face. The size of the photo should be 35mm x 45mm.
- There should be two blank pages in the applicant’s passport.
- The applicant should avail International student travel insurance Europe worth €30,000 for the entire Schengen area.
- The purpose of the itinerary should be clearly explained in the student Schengen visa cover letter.
- The starting date of travel and both the entry point and exit point should be mentioned clearly.
- The proof of accommodation should be submitted.
- A proof like birth certificate should be provided for confirming civil status.
- Bank statements of six months should be submitted and the minimum balance should be €3000. In case of not having sufficient balance, the bank statement of the family member or guardian is accepted.
- This application demands income tax returns for a period of three years
- A no-objection certificate from a university should be submitted if the applicant is a student
- A retired person’s pension certificate should be submitted along with the application form.
Can I work under a Schengen Student Visa in Europe?
Schengen member states allow the student to work for the limited number of hours per week under the student Schengen visa.
Is there any age limit to apply for a Schengen Student Visa?
To obtain a Schengen visa there is no age limit to attend a study course or training in the Schengen zone.
Interview Questions for Schengen Student Visa:
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why did you choose to study this course?
- Who will finance your education and how?
- How did you get admission in this college or University?
- What is your goal in life?
- Is your previous study relevant to your further course?
- What will you do after finishing the course?
- Which visa are you applying for?
- Will you work over there?
- Who filled your visa application form?